The North Carolina Dental Society is the largest and most representative dental association in North Carolina and is one of the oldest dental societies in the United States. We represent nearly 3,700 of the state’s dentists who recognize the benefit of being a member.
The North Carolina Dental Society can help you keep up with professional developments, deal with insurance companies, ensure that you are in compliance with state and federal regulations and manage your practice more effectively.
As a member, you are part of a powerful alliance of dentists who have the ability to shape the practice of dentistry in North Carolina through legislative and regulatory efforts that ensure that dentists – and the patients they serve – are heard at the state and federal level. The North Carolina Dental Society is the most trusted and credible source of information for the general public, legislators and regulators.
Membership in the North Carolina Dental Society also confers membership in the American Dental Association and your district dental society. This tripartite arrangement means that dentistry speaks with one voice, both at the local and state level and at the national level.
- We help you focus on patient care and keeping your practice financially healthy when you use NCDS services and take advantage of our NCDS and ADA Endorsed Providers.
- Our Endorsed Providers can help you with services such as healthcare professional liability insurance, business insurance, website design and social media, equipment financing, patient financing, credit card processing, collections, payroll, everyday office supply needs, online backup of patient and practice record keeping and more.
- Compliance information and best practices including HIPAA and OSHA updates
- Continuing education and networking: Make friends, build professional relationships and have fun attending District, State and National meetings, including our NCDS Annual Session (updates and events are posted on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn)
- Communication: The NC Dental Gazette, eBite, JADA, ADA news
- Legislative Advocacy: Your voice in Raleigh and Washington, three full-time lobbyists
- Our healthcare plan is designed specifically for dentists and provides flexible coverages, reasonable prices, prompt payment of claims, and personalized service.
- Professional liability insurance offers comprehensive coverage at reduced premiums for NCDS members
- Patient mediation program helps resolve dentist-patient issues
- Full time central office staff to serve your needs
- Community outreach opportunities like Give Kids a Smile and the NC Missions of Mercy clinics give you a chance to help those in need
- Leadership opportunities. Volunteer for service on councils and committees