Next Meeting: Thursday, May 11th at Twisted Oak Restaurant in Statesville, NC at 6:30 PM
The 2nd District Annual Meeting is scheduled for Friday, September 8th.
Location: The Ballantyne Hotel
8-8:50am - Business Meeting
9-10:50am - Dr. Ryan Cook
11am-Noon: - Dr. Charles W. Holland
Continental breakfast and Buffet lunch served Afternoon free for use of spa, golf or other amenities
Dr. Ryan Cook, DDS, MS. Program Director Graduate Prosthodontics (UNC).
Topic: Anterior Implant Restoration: Mastering the Perio-Restorative Interface (2 CE credits)
Communication is paramount in achieving optimal treatment outcomes in implant dentistry. An important tool in implant communication is the fabrication of implant provisional restorations. Provisional restorations assist in achieving ideal soft tissue contours and communicate minute details of the final restoration to the laboratory technician and patient. This course will discuss and demonstrate different provisionalization and final impression techniques in an organized fashion that allows for easy assimilation into your practice. This course will also discuss and demonstrate the how digital (CAD/ CAM) dentistry enhances the fabrication of implant provisional and final restorations.
At the completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate different techniques in the fabrication of provisional implant restorations.Describe how digital (CAD/ CAM) dentistry can increase the efficacy of implant placement and restoration.
- Illustrate how the formulation of a comprehensive diagnosis and treatment plan influence the esthetic outcomes of implant provisional and final restoration.
- Understand the natural treatment progression from provisional restorations to final restorations.
- Understand different soft tissue procedures that enhance the outcome of final implant restorations.
Charles W. Holland, RPh, DDS
Topic: “Best Prescribing Practices for Opioid Use in Dentistry”
Target Audience: Licensed Dentists in North Carolina
- Understand the current issues of opioid use and abuse
- Understand the significance of the NC Medical Board’s “Policy for the Use of Opiates for the Treatment of Pain.”
- Implement best practices for the use of opioids and other controlled substances in dentistry
(Satisfies new 2018 NCDBE requirement for all dentists that prescribe opioids) (1 CE credit)
Please contact Prissy Allen for additional registration details. email@example.com or 919.234.4027
Third District News and Information
2017 Golden Triad Seminar
Fri, Feb 24, 2017 | 7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Address: 410 Sunset Drive, Greensboro, NC
The 2017 Golden Triad Seminar is scheduled February 24 at the Greensboro Country Club. The speaker will be Dr. Hal Crossley, who is nationally known for his programs on drug related subjects. This seminar will provide you all of the latest information that can be used in your office. Be sure and invite your colleagues to attend as well and bring your dental team members!
Fifth District News and Information
5th District 2017 Mid-Winter Meeting – February 17-18, 2017
Greenville Convention Center, Greenville, NC
Dr. Gordon Christensen, The Christensen Bottom Line – 2017
Joe Gates will present Cyber Liability DECODED sponsored by B&B Protector Plans, Inc.
Karen Gregory, RN of Total Medical Compliance will present the required Safety: The Top 10 Things to KNOW! An OSHA and HIPAA Update